Monday, January 2, 2012

Studio Creator: Anthony Hary

Anthony Hary - Cinematic Illustrator / Storyteller / Editor















Creator, Illustrator, Storyteller, and Entrepreneur, Anthony Hary, sits down with ANAComics.com to talk about his career, his creations, and the future of A.N.A Comics!

________

Anacomics.com: “For many people when they think of A.N.A Comics, they think of you and your involvement in the company, but what about you as a person? What are your interests?”

Anthony: “My interests cycle a lot around storytelling and creating an experience for my audience. That’s in everything from comics to cooking. I love comic books, have since I was 8 or 9 years old. Really I love visual storytelling. Which obviously includes Comic books and Graphic Novels, but also encompasses Film and Television, even Video games. After that my interests widen out greatly towards a wide variety of music, and down to simple moments like just sitting and talking with friends.”

Anacomics.com: “Being one of the founding members of A.N.A Comics, you’d think we’d know by now, but we’ll ask anyways. What are your creative skills?”

Anthony: “I coined the term somewhere in 2009 that what I do is ‘Cinematic Illustration’. Its close enough to reality to know exactly what it is, but stylized enough to be visually appealing as an illustration. My primary weapon is the pencil. I will ink, or color as needed, but my greatest strength is in my penciling. Secondary to that is my skill as a writer/editor. For me there is a benefit to knowing and understanding as much of the industry as I can and through that I also have a grasp on the basics of many other practices.”

Anacomics.com: “You’ve been active in the industry for around 10 years now. During that time what projects have you worked on or created yourself?”

Anthony: “I have contributed to many independent books, along with illustrating private commissions for clients and fans, but was it fun about where I am at with my career today, is that its like a full circle growth from where I started. My first full effort into the world comic books as a creator started with BRETHREN, which was originally a web-comic. I was co-writing, penciling, inking, and lettering BRETHREN when we started out. Now, after years of doing all sorts of other things, its fun to be working on these Creator Owned projects again and one of them is BRETHREN! I am also the artist and co-creator of The Midnight Raider! Along with that I have provided covers for different books, including WE’RE INDY: Rise of the Independents Anthology, HARIJAN TPB, and the first volume of TPANVB, all of which were published through A.N.A Comics.”

Anacomics.com: “After all you have done, do you have any further creative goals you are striving for?”

Anthony: “So far in my career I have accomplished much of what I have set out to do, but I have a lot left on my goals list! First and foremost it’s great to have accomplished what I have, but I have done all that while still working a fulltime day job. A huge goal for me is to shed the day job and move into working on my craft full time. Along with that I have some great projects in the pipeline and I plan to complete those, along with the work I am doing on The Midnight Raider and BRETHREN.”


More Anthony Hary on the Web? Just visit ANTHONYHARY.COM


(All art is displayed for portfolio purposes only and is not necessarily the property of A.N.A Comics. The art is copyright to the Artist, with all Intellectual Property copyrights remaining with the Owner/Creator of the property)
























No comments:

Post a Comment