Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Get to know the founders of A.N.A. Comics

A.N.A. COMICS BIOS





Name: Adrian Wilkins

Where you live: Washington, DC

Family status: Married

Years in comics: If we count the time I joined an old studio...5 years

Favorite comics: Green Lantern & Green Lantern Corps

Creative Influences: Geoff Johns, Akira Toriyami

Favorite moment in comics: When Magneto stripped Wolverine of his Adamantium back in 1996 I believe..I could be wrong on the year.

Role at A.N.A.: President/Managing Director and Babysitter of Nic Myers

Current Project/s: 12 Rings: Liu & Athena, The Further Adventures of James & Medes

Biggest goal for 2010: Get some more work done for A.N.A. and market our name and get us more exposure! Although I'd love to see us grow, we want to do it right and take it slow! I really don't know what to say what my biggest goal would be because to me every goal we set is equally as big.




Name: Anthony “ANMPH” Hary

Where you live: Belle Plaine (just outside the suburbs of the Twin Cities), Minnesota.

Family status: Married with three Teenagers

Years in comics: I’ve be at this comics game for about 8 years now. Love it, hope to keep going strong and stay here for a lot more years to come.

Favorite comics: Currently I am loving New Avengers, Green Lantern Corps and anything Doug Mahnke or Jim Lee do pencils for. I am a sucker for good art. Thankfully most of the good artist are getting good writers too. I am also loving JMS & Coipel on Thor! Some of the best story & art ever, Love Olivier’s work.

Creative Influences: Nicholas Myers…. LoL!! I just couldn’t help myself. Creatively.. well… I’ll list them in order of appearance: Marc Salvestri, Jim Lee, Todd McFarline, Eric Larson, Dan Jurgens, Doug Mahnke, Tom Nguyen, Travis Charest, Ivan Reis, Stuart Immonen, and Olivier Coipel along with a few others have influenced my growth. I would have to say though that guys like Lee, Mahnke, Nguyen, Charest, Reis, Coipel and Immonen have had the biggest and lasting impact on me.

Favorite moment in comics: As far as stories go there have been so many memorable moments. The ones I like the best are those with real heart. Everything from the look on Clark’s face in Secret Identity, when he realizes he can fly to the look of pure and unabridged pain and frustration in Peter Parker as he smashed the boardroom table at the end of House of M. Love that stuff.
As far as in the industry it has been the release of my labor of love, BRETHREN. Really was a fun day when I got the first copies in my paws!

Role at A.N.A.: I serve currently as VP of Brand Management and Editor In Chief. There is too much involved to really detail it but those are my ‘titles’.

Current Project/s: BRETHREN, and Virtual Girl are my two biggest comic projects. Both are creator owned titles. Also working on some other things, covers, and a fun property called the Expletives that will see some action later in 2010.

Biggest goal for 2010: Get Issues #1 and #2 of BRETHREN out. I do all the work on that book. Stupid? Perhaps. Especially in an industry so streamlined by the assembly line creative process, but BRETHREN is my baby and I’m going to be stubborn on this one. So if you want to wait for the trade, feel free, but for now I’ll be cracking away on those. Also have the preview book of Virtual Girl that I am SO SO excited to get out. That book is a polar opposite to what BRETHREN is and I can’t to get in to that more. Beyond my personal projects it is just to keep A.N.A. moving in the direction we are. There are some awesome things in the pipeline for us and I really believe in our team here.





Name: Nicholas P. Myers

Where you live: Caledonia, MI

Family status: Married with two wonderful little girls
Years in comics: publishing, writing, and illustrating? 15 years. A lot longer if you add in the reading part of the equation.

Favorite comics: Past: Spider-Man, Maxx, Savage Dragon, Spawn, Cerebus. Now: Bone, Atomic Robo Web: PvP Online, Penny-Arcade, XKCD, Perry Bible Fellowship, Freakangels

Creative Influences: Erik Larsen, Sam Keith, Neil Gaeman, Warren Ellis, Todd McFarlane, Dave Sim, Jeff Smith, Scott Kurtz and the list keeps growing as I meet more artists and writers in the industry

Favorite moment in comics: I truly can't nail it down to one event, but I had to describe it in one sentance, it would be when I discovered life outside of Marvel, DC and Image. The world of independants is so full of texture and life. And that feeling extends into webcomics as well. There is a lot of junk out there but there is also some exquisitely beautiful stuff out there for people to discover, if they just take the time to look.

Role at A.N.A.: My official title is Vice President of Independent Properties, but I write and illustrate The Precarious Adventures of Newton Von Brisby plus various other projects on the back burner. I'm also the official hand wringer and nail biter of the 3 of us.

Current Project/s: The Precarious Adventures of Newton Von Brisby, I'm also working on a continuation of the Harijan Mini-series and will be bringing my graphic novel, Oasis to the web in 2010.

Biggest goal for 2010: My biggest goal is to continue to have fun. Right now I'm having a blast working with Adrian and Anthony. I think, trying to look any farther ahead is always a mistake. Just enjoy the moment that you're in and see where life takes you. Hopefully, it's up, but at least I'm still enjoying myself.


(Look for more interviews and inside info on the guys that make up A.N.A. Comics to be coming soon. You'll see it all here first. Bookmark and subscribe to our blog so you won't miss an update!)

No comments:

Post a Comment