Monday, January 2, 2012

Studio Creator: Nicholas P. Myers

Nicholas P. Myers



Creator, Artist, Writer and the mastermind behind the 312 page epic graphic novel OASIS: OMNIBUS, sits down to answer a few questions with us:

---------

Anacomics.com: “Hey Nicholas, you have been with A.N.A Comics from their earliest days in 2009, tell us a bit about yourself. What things do you find that interest you the most?”

Nicholas: “I love finding and reading new Indie print comics and new web-comics. They're very entertaining and also provide some insight into what other creators are thinking and doing. I'm an avid reader of science fiction, some fantasy, and alternate history books, along with everything Stephen King. Right now I'm reading a compilation of mythologies from around the world.”

Anacomics.com: “Describe for us your ‘Creative Skills’.”

Nicholas: “Through my formal training, I have a BFA in Visual Communication/Graphic Design with a minor in illustration. I consider myself an artist/writer. I think they both have to coincide. In order to create an illustration, you have to create the story that illustration exists in. I write and illustrate almost all of my own work. I pencil and ink my own work and have inked other's work as well. I'm working on creating a skill set of coloring as well.”

Anacomics.com: “You mentioned that you write and illustrate most of your own work. What projects have you worked on or created?”

Nicholas: “I've written, illustrated and produced a 312 page graphic novel, OASIS: OMNIBUS. After that I independently released a three issue mini-series, HARIJAN, which was collected into a trade paperback through A.N.A Comics in 2010. Most recently I produced the web-comic, The Precarious Adventures of Newton Von Brisby, through A.N.A Comics, along with releasing a collected print edition of the first year’s worth of stories.”

Anacomics.com: “You have accomplished quite a bit in your career. We get the distinct impression though that you are not finished yet, do you have further creative goals?”

Nicholas: “I would love to have enough exposure so that everyone could get lost in my worlds. I love to create entire worlds around my stories. Ideally I will be able to continue to do that, and retain creative control over my properties. I believe that as an artist and writer I need to continuously work to improve my craft. There is never a time where you can stop and say, "I made it.”

Currently I am working on pencilling and inking an incredibly exciting project for Richard Evans (Legion Unleashed), along with finalizing the details on some planned 2012 projects being released through A.N.A Comics!”


Where can you find Mr. Myers on the internet?

Blog: http://floatingislandstudios.blogspot.com/
On-line store: http://floatingislandstudios.bigcartel.com/
And of course, our A.N.A Comics site: http://anacomics.com






No comments:

Post a Comment